O3 | A Powerful, Natural Disinfectant
At this time, no one can say for certain that ozone is effective in killing the novel coronavirus COVID-19, as it is simply too early and no peer-reviewed studies have yet been conducted to support or confirm this. However, we know that ozone destroys other viruses by diffusing the gas through the protein coat of the cell into the nucleic acid core and damaging the RNA of the virus. While healthy cells have complex enzyme systems for protection, viruses have no such protection against oxidative stress which makes them vulnerable to ozone. We can also look to similar case studies and see that there have been near 20 scientific studies showing ozone gas is able to destroy the SARS coronavirus which is almost identical in structure to the new COVID 19 coronavirus. Here at Crystal Quest, we are using these ozone devices throughout our facilities in addition to following other recommended public health practices such as social distancing and increased attention to hygiene.
Applications of Indoor-Use
- Disinfect Indoor office, business, and warehouse
- Disinfect Indoor Restaurant Air, Surfaces, Tables, and Dishes
- Disinfect Hotels Room, Lobby, Restroom, Elevator
- Disinfect shared public spaces, clubs, and lounges
- Disinfect car, truck, bus, train, and airplane
- Disnfect exercise and training gym, sports arena and locker-room
- Disinfect hair salon, barbershop, and spa
Automatic Timer for Guaranteed Safety
The Crystal Quest® Ozone generator is equipped with an easy-to-use timer to guarantee safe use. The timer is a simple method to control the level of ozone produced into the air to properly disinfect. When preparing to disinfect, set the timer for desired dosing. This will allow the Crystal Quest® Ozone generator to be operated automatically when the space is unoccupied. Once the timer has ended, the system will shut down, the ozone with dissipate, and the area will be safe for re-entry into a clean environment.
Durable, Fireproof housing:
- Meets NEMA Type 3, 3X, and IEC IP55
- Weatherproof and UV Stable
- Durable Polycarbonate + ABS
- RF Transparent for Wireless Devices
- Gasketed Lid with Dual Latches
- Tamper-Proof Locking Screw with Key and Provision for Padlock
- Includes Wall Mounting Hardware, Cable Grommets, Zip Ties, Cable Management Loops and, Ground Plate & Ground Wire
- External Dimensions: 16.5 x 12.5 x 5.3 Inches (420 x 320 x 133 mm)
- Internal Dimensions: 15.7 x 11.8 x 4.8 Inches (399 x 300 x 120 mm)
- Knock-Out Holes on Top & Bottom
- Optional Equipment Mounting Plates and Pole Mount Kits Available
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires ozone output of indoor medical devices to be no more than 0.05 ppm (parts per million).
The National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) recommends an upper limit of 0.10 ppm, not to be exceeded at any time.
EPA’s National Ambient Air Quality Standard for ozone is a maximum 8-hour average outdoor concentration of 0.08 ppm.
If an ozone air purifier is going to be running while people are present, the EPA recommends the proper settings should be selected so that the ozone level is less than 0.08 ppm.
For best results, the ozone generator should be mounted as high in the room as practical. Ozone is heavier than air and it will eventually fall to the floor.
Air circulation is an important factor in how effective ozone works. For large areas, an oscillating fan should be placed next to the generator to help circulate the ozone throughout the room.